FAQs on COVID-19 (as at 19 March 2020)
MAYBANK ASSET MANAGEMENT SDN BHD
1. With the outbreak of COVID-19 and in line with the Movement Control Order, how is Maybank Asset Management impacted?
Maybank Asset Management has been preparing the business continuity planning for several weeks already and wishes to assure the public that there will be no disruption to any of its services.
2. Will I still be able to redeem, purchase or switch my investment?
Yes, you may still carry out transactions as per usual and via our alternative banking channels:
• Access our online banking service through Maybank2U (provided your fund is available on Maybank2U platform)
• Contact your Relationship Manager, Personal Financial Advisor or our Client Services team at +603-22977888 should you require further assistance
3. What are the precautionary measures taken by Maybank Asset Management in light of the current COVID-19 outbreak?
Maybank Asset Management takes seriously the potential health risks from the spread of this virus, and our priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and business partners at all times.
In this regard, we have placed in various measures to mitigate any health risks. Some of these measures include:
a) Hand sanitizers placed around common areas on our premises. Temperature screening is also conducted for staff and/or visitors visiting our premises.
b) We are encouraging alternative arrangements such as teleconferencing instead of physical meetings.
c) We have stringent restrictions placed on staff travel to affected areas as part of our efforts to ensure the safety and health of our staff at all times, as well as our clients. At the same time, we adhere to all regulations laid down by the authorities in all locations where we operate so that we can continue to serve our customers effectively and safely.
This continues to be an evolving situation and we will continue to monitor the situation to provide updated guidance, as needed.
4. Who should I talk to if I want to find out more about my investments or want to reassess my goals?
We’re always here to help. You can contact your Relationship Manager or Personal Financial Advisor if you want to discuss your investment strategy, risk tolerance or review your goals. Otherwise, you may call our Client Services team at +603-2297 7888 to set up an appointment with a Relationship Manager.
5. How can I protect against fraud or scams during this time?
Understand that some people may take advantage of COVID-19 by using fraudulent websites, phone calls, emails and text messages claiming to offer “help” but may be trying to trick people into providing personal details, bank account numbers and other valuable details.
Protect your personal and financial information.
Do not divulge your bank or credit card numbers or other personal information over the phone unless you initiated the conversation with the other party and you know that it is a reputable organisation.
Refrain from opening email attachments that look suspicious.
Be aware when clicking on unknown hyperlinks from websites or social media. Also be cautious of fake websites pretending to promote the software and utilities relating to COVID-19 cases.
Be on guard against imposters who contact you claiming to be government employees or volunteers asking for personal financial information.
6. Where can I get updates for further development on the status of your company and its operations?
Should you require further updates, you may contact our Client Services team at +603-2297 7888.
Back to Top