Maybank Asset Management Group wins again at the Refinitiv Lipper Fund Awards 2020
KUALA LUMPUR, 17 April 2020 — the Refinitiv Lipper Fund Awards announced its 2020 winners based on performance for the year ended December 2019. The Maybank Asset Management Group (MAMG) bagged a total of five (5) awards for its Malaysia and Singapore entities.
For the second consecutive year, Maybank Asset Management Sdn Bhd (MAM Malaysia) funds was recognised for its stellar performance. MAM Malaysia’s funds namely:
- Maybank Malaysia SmallCap Fund won the award for Best Equity Malaysia Small and Mid-Cap in the 3-year category with returns of 20.91%.
- Maybank Malaysia Income Fund won the award for Best Bond MYR (Provident) in the 10-year category marking its highest fund returns of 134.27%.
- Maybank AsiaPac ex-Japan Equity-I Fund won the Equity Asia Pacific ex-Japan in the Global Islamic region 5-year category with returns of 43.06%.
“The key [when investing in companies like these] is to have a high conviction and to look beyond quarterly figures, focusing on the value that these companies will offer over a longer-term horizon,” says Ahmad Najib Nazlan, Chief Executive Officer, MAM Malaysia.
Marking another milestone for MAMG was for Maybank Asset Management Singapore (MAM Singapore) who won its first Lipper Fund Award this year.
- Maybank Asian Income Fund won for the Best Bond Global (USD) Fund in the 3-year category with annualised returns of 7.20% p.a.
- Maybank Asian Income Fund won the Best Bond Global (USD) Fund in the 5-year category with annualised returns of 6.00% p.a.
Commenting on the award, Goh Keat Jin, Chief Executive Officer, MAM Singapore said, “We are honoured to be recognised for this achievement for the very first time. It is a testament of our robust investment processes and will spur us on to continue this winning momentum.”
For over 30 years, the Refinitiv Lipper Awards is an independent leading international fund analysis institution utilizing proprietary quantitative methodology. Awards are granted to the best funds; and asset management and fund management companies globally.
Back to Top